Spectro Oils of America, a division of Intercontinental Lubricants Corporation, has been blending, packaging and marketing state-of-the-art motorcycle lubricants for more than 25 years. Spectro's Heavy-Duty and Golden American lubricant lines have been developed specifically for use in Harley-Davidson motorcycles and have been race proven with numerous number #1 plates in 883 AMA Twin Sports racing and were used in the world record setting Drag-Race V-Twin's. They used the same Spectro oil as you can buy at your local Zodiac dealer. The oils are formulated to withstand the demands of Harley-Davidson V-Twin engines new or old, and are offered in SAE 50, SAE 60 and SAE 70 single grades as well as SAE 10W40, SAE 20W50, and SAE 25W60 Multigrade. Sold to dealers in shop cases of 12 x 1 quarts (0.946L.) or 12 x 1L. Multigrade SAE 20W50 and single grade SEA 50 are also available in cases of 4 X 1 Gallon as well as 60L. drums for workshop use.
Some Spectro-oil features are:
• Anti-wear characteristics that extend engine life
• Additives that helps engines cold start and protect against oil breakdown at high temperatures
• Additives that cushion moving parts while fighting friction and protect crankshaft bearings
• Ingredients which keep valves from sticking and retard the formation of sludge, varnish and rust.
• Rated to the highest possible API classification
Note: Spectro Motor Oil is probably the only non-OEM Motor Oil that meets Harley-Davidson's latest specifications. It surpasses all warranty performance criteria for Harley-Davidson engines and does not void new vehicle warranties.